Monday, September 19, 2011

Life in general...

So my mom informed me that I don't update this nearly enough...honestly, I don't feel like it is interesting at all or that I have anything worthy of updating...but to make her happy I guess I am updating!

I have been in Charlotte for a month now and it feels really weird, kind of like I'm on vacation or something but I still haven't figured out where I am going when my vacation is over. I love my apartment and my roommate, we are finally almost done decorating and it feels very "homey." We watch A LOT of disney channel, like to the point where I have pretty much seen every episode of Good Luck Charlie, Shake it Up, and A.N.T. Farm...so I really look forward to the new episodes on Sunday! Also we have watched a lot of movies and our collection is expanding quite nicely! I slept pretty awful for the first few weeks and I think i'm finally getting to where I actually sleep through the night...but I have been having the craziest dreams and my bed squeaks so bad it's super annoying!











Campus is beautiful and it is a nice workout from the parking lot to my classes...too bad I only go twice a week for like 2 hours. I am pretty disappointed in the lack of work grad school is giving me. I was expecting it to be so hard and overwhelming but it has been the complete opposite! I know that it will get more difficult but for now I really enjoy the content and get excited to do my homework!


I started volunteering in a kindergarten classroom in a Title I school for my clinical observation! I will only go about once a week but I am so excited, it is an incredible opportunity and I can't wait to get more involved! I have never worked with kindergarten so that will be interesting! I also got a job but I am only part time and pretty much on call so hoping I will get a good amount of hours but it will vary each week. So for now things are pretty slow and I am taking it one day at a time! I have had a lot of time to work out so if I end up gaining weight there will be a huge problem!

Charlotte is beautiful! I love being so close to the city and seeing uptown at night is so exciting but I can't really explain why! There is seriously everything you could ever want within 10 minutes from my apartment. I mean outlets, restaurants, fast food, movies, stores...anything! I think there are like 3 malls no farther than 20 minutes away! I have been going to Elevation Church and am trying to get involved in some small groups so that is exciting!! My grandma has visited, my friend Kristy...and hopefully more will come soon!

This past weekend I got to take my roommate to Blacksburg! It was sooo much fun and I had really missed it but I definitely left feeling funny. It's weird to not be there anymore, it's weird the emotions I felt being there and leaving again. It was kind of hard experiencing some of the memories I had there and realizing what certain things in Blacksburg meant to me. Overall it was a great experience and I can't wait to visit again. I didn't really know what to expect and am realizing that I am in such a new phase and the Lord is teaching me a lot I just don't always realize it at the moment. I have to move on now and deal with the past at the same time...life is crazy and I don't always understand it! I have a lot of time to think here and it's kind of annoying, I over think things WAY too much sometimes and I am really working on that! Trying to let life happen in accordance with God's will as I seek Him and obedience! I have no idea what is in store for me this year and that is kind of scary...I've never felt so clueless...I have always had some indication of what would happen or comfort in where I was. But I can't complain and overall I am excited to see what God has in store because I know it will be better than I can ever imagine!

On that note...I have been really meditating on this verse and feel like it pretty much sums up my feelings here in Charlotte...

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, 
for to you I lift up my soul."
Psalm 143:8


Sorry that this isn't very interesting even though it's so long!!
I have lots of new recipes to use this week so maybe I will actually post something about that...

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that you changed your blog name! I love it and I loved your update! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete