Sunday, June 26, 2011

Patient Endurance

My dad reminded me that patience is not my strongest trait today, after a minute or so I agreed but then began to reflect on how much I have grown in this area over the years and how huge it is for me this summer! There are so many things that I have been going through and I keep asking the Lord to just take them for me and solve my problems. However, I am constantly reminded that it's hard work for a reason. God doesn't fix our "problems" as soon as we get them because if he did we wouldn't learn anything and our faith would not grow stronger in him. I personally would probably think that it all happened with my own strength and I would not become more relient on Jesus and how vital he is in every aspect of my life! 
This verse speaks so clearly to this topic; 2 Corinthians 1:6, "If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer." Even though in this scenario Paul is addressing the Corinthians I don't think this could be any more perfect for the way I have been feeling. It is so reassuring to know that everything I go through is not meaningless but it is powerful in some way whether in my life or someone else's and God uses it ALL for good! It is so hard to have joy at all times but like my pastor said this morning, "If you do not have a daily quiet time you are robbing yourself of joy." Joy is so easily attainable when we are seeking it in the right place! Every "problem" and comfort we have is for Christ and the work that he is so continually doing in our lives, to bring him the true glory that he deserves!


By the way this summer has been incredible and God has shown me yet again how amazing and in control he is! I was a little scared to come home but I have been so busy and I love it and all of the people I get to spend time with :)








"Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Redeem me from human oppression, that I may obey your precepts." Psalm 119:133-134

No comments:

Post a Comment