Thursday, April 14, 2011

Joy Is Made Full When It's Shared

 I have the most amazing friends! This year has been filled with a whirlwind of emotions and changes in my life and God has blessed me so abundantly with incredible friends and family that have encouraged and pushed me every step of the way! This post is going to be dedicated to Kristy Wilson but I want every other person in my life to know that I love you very much and am so incredibly thankful for you!!

I have truly been seeing the power of the Holy Spirit and just grazing the surface of being able to appreciate how glorious it really is! I have been going through Psalm 119 and seeing how powerful God's word is and just developing more of a passion and yearning for it! One of the coolest things I noticed was that in multiple verses it mentions following God's commands = no shame! So many times our first instinct when realizing our sin is to feel shame and guilt but as we seek the Lord and do what He calls us to there is no shame and that is a beautiful feeling! His word keeps us from sin and the more we meditate on it and fall in love with it the closer we get to Him and farther away from sin! Obviously we are not perfect but what an amazing picture that God gives us His word so that we may see Him more clearly and become more like Him every time we become engrossed in Him! "God not only provides the rules and guidelines but comes with us personally each day to strengthen us so we can live accordingly." I am just constantly realizing that I can't do anything on my own absolutely nothing and that is the beauty of the cross and the fact that I have a Savior who chose to give up his life in the most agonizing way so that I could have life abundantly; and with His strength and love I can persevere through the twists and turns of life attempting to glorify Him each step of the way!

In approximately four weeks this phase of my life will be ending, Virginia Tech! I will have the summer to prepare and in August the next phase of life begins, graduate school at UNC Charlotte! Some days I'm excited, some sad, and some just nervous. Overall I have a peace and a confidence that the Lord has amazing things in store for me and I can't wait to see what the next two years entail. I am sad to leave my friends and bible study girls and am nervous to start at a school where I know NO ONE! But I am excited to grow up and go on my own and continue to seek God's will for my life and grow into the woman he created me to be!

This is where Kristy comes in, I could not have survived this year without her and her friendship means so much more to me than she may ever realize. There have been moments of joy, sadness, weakness and strength and she has always been there...to listen, cry, yell, laugh, sing, dance, and just be crazy with me! I am going to miss her and am so thankful for God putting her in my life. I have grown so much even just this semester and know a lot of that is due to her wisdom and input in my life! It has been such a tremendous blessing leading bible study with her and the Holy Spirit has rocked us so many more times than we can count! Those girls have taught us so much and given us so many laughs and smiles :)

I can't wait for them all to visit me and I pray Kristy and I will stay connected for a very long time! People probably think we are insane as we stand on the steps of the dorm where we lead singing as loud as we can Your Love Never Fails! Or when we dance at stop lights and make music videos of us singing in the Wendy's drive thru! Driving my grandma's convertible with scarves around our heads! Dancing in the kitchen with santa hats at 2 am! Or even when one of us falls down and the other gets on the ground with them and just laughs! I could probably write a whole post on the fun things we have done together! Thank you for being such an incredible friend and witness in my life!

So moving on, I do have a recipe this time and Kristy helped!! We bake for our bible study every Wednesday and it is one of the favorite parts of my week! I had been dying to make these cupcakes and it finally worked out for us to do it! Fortunately she is an awesome photographer and even though we only had my camera she was able to get some good pictures :)

I guess you could call these 
cookie dough cupcakes
We went real simple semi-homemade style!
Ingredients:
Box of Devils Food cake mix
Cookie dough *frozen*
White frosting
Mini chocolate chips
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
                                       1 1/3 cup water                                      

                                                               Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the cake mix, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, and 1 1/3 cup water
3. Fill your cupcake liners about 1/4 of the way full
4. Drop a small spoonful of frozen cookie dough in the middle of your liner
5. Fill the rest with cupcake batter until it's about 3/4 of the way full
6. Place in the oven for 20 minutes
7. Let them cool then frost and drop a few chocolate chips on top for decoration



These came out really cute and we had a fun time modeling the cupcakes and of course eating them :)

 These last pictures are from my phone but I wanted to show off our bstud girls :)




As they make music they will sing, "All my fountains are in you." Psalm 87:7

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog, sweetie. I am overjoyed that the Lord has blessed you with such amazing friends. I know that you are a blessing to them as well! Thank you for teaching your old mom so much about Jesus' love and really trusting Him. Look forward to what is to come! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete