Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cookie Brownies and Goodbyes

So I am sitting in my motel room in Santa Monica right now, crazy. I can't believe I have already been here for 5 days, it feels like just yesterday I was finding out about the trip. It was difficult saying goodbye to everyone at home but I know that it will all be worth it! I am not going to go into much detail about project right now but just know that the Holy Spirit is here and God is going to do amazing things this summer! I absolutely love my roommates and made a ton of other great friends all ready. I had one day of training for my job at the summer camp and I know I am going to love my job :) We have already had some opportunities to go sharing and just see what some of the thoughts and opinions are of people here, it is crazy and such a reality check. I expected that it would be different and I am not too blown away, but it is just frustrating to see people so against Christianity when they don't even really understand it or when they think they do. The group of students here are wonderful and the desire to learn and grow in our faith is so evident!

Anyways on to the recipe...Wednesday before I left was my good friends birthday and so I wanted to bake something! His girlfriend is also one of my best friends and she had told her sister about my baking...so of course I had to bake something for his birthday and for her to take home to her family! I decided on cookie brownies or whatever you want to call them! Since I had to leave at 5:30 the next morning I settled on the box mix and made my own ganache.

I wasn't able to take pictures of them cooled and cut because my wonderful mom had to get them ready for my friends :) But here is the basic recipe and some pictures I was able to take!!

Read the back of the box for directions:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars


1. Mix together the ingredients for the brownies in one bowl.
2. Mix together the ingredients for the cookies in another bowl.
3. Pour the brownie batter in the bottom of a 13x9, 9x9, or 8x8 greased pan.
4. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on top of the batter.
5. Place in the oven for 35-50 minutes depending on pan size. (It says on the back of the box)
- I used a 13x9 and baked them for about 38 minutes.

*Let them cool as you make the ganache.         



























Chocolate Ganache
 12 oz. chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
6 tbsp. butter


1. Melt the butter and cream in a saucepan just before it comes to a boil.
2. Pour the creamy mixture over the chocolate chips.
3. Let sit for 20 seconds and then stir together until creamy.
4. Pour the ganache over top of the cookie brownies and let sit for about 30 min - 1 hour for best results.
5. As soon as you are ready you can serve!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read something recently and I can't remember where but I told my cousin and thought it was one of the coolest things I had heard. It was somewhere along the lines of, it is not about how much you're getting from the Holy Spirit but how much you're giving. The Holy Spirit is always there and always ready to work but it's up to you to follow through and seek Him. Don't wait around to "feel" something take steps of faith, pray, and seek the Lord and the Holy Spirit will be the driving force behind every aspect of your life. Many times I find myself waiting for the Holy Spirit to speak to me, but I am even talking to Him in the first place?

"Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." 
2 Corinthians 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment