Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Raspberry Stuffed Chicken


Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken breasts 
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Montreal Chicken Seasoning
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 24 Spinach leaves
  • 4 Tomatoes (medium-large)
  • Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
  • Toothpicks
Preheat the oven to 400°. Dice up all of your spinach leaves and set aside. Take each tomato and cut the top off. Dice up the tops and set aside. Empty the tomatoes so that they are just the shells. Take your piece of chicken and with a sharp knife cut along one side in the middle of the breast. Be careful not to go all the way through. Pick up the top piece of your cut and place a little spinach, tomato, and mozzarella in each pocket. Use toothpicks to secure the top and bottom of the now stuffed breast. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the chicken. It does not have to be Montreal chicken seasoning but any other kind you like and sprinkle to cover the breast. Pour the raspberry vinaigrette dressing or I have also used balsamic over the chicken, place on a broiling pan and in the oven for 45 min-1 hr. When I cook just one breast I do it for 30 minutes but the more breasts the longer it needs. 

Ingredients for sides:
  • 4 medium sized red potatoes
  • 4 tomato shells (left over from the ones you used for the chicken)
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 8 spinach leaves (left over from the ones you used for the chicken)
If you wanted to make these sides as well they are very simple. I just diced up the potatoes put them on a cookie sheet with a little olive oil and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them. Place in the 400° oven for 30 minutes. The tomato shells I filled with the remaining spinach and a sprinkle of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Those can be place in the oven with the potatoes when there is about 5 minutes remaining on the timer. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I was not feeling well and really should have been doing more homework than I have. I took a nice nap and was in the mood to cook. I searched the refrigerator for something I could do pretty quickly that would also be nourishing. This is what I came up with, the ingredients can easily be interchanged with a different type of cheese, dressing, or vegetable. If I have mushrooms I like to put them in the chicken as well. 

Isn't it funny how we can be feeling ill or just crummy but there is always something that can make us feel better? It could be a tv show or movie, friends or family, even a good book or nap. Aside from these materialistic things my favorite thing to make me feel "better" is remembering the love of my savior and the joy that it gives me. No matter what has happened, how I'm feeling, or what is going on I know that I can always count on His love. It  is a feeling that surpasses any other and thankfully one that never fails. 

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:12

No comments:

Post a Comment